Monday, January 28, 2008

I want Jesus. Period.

Today PM and I studied 1 Samuel Chapter 3.

I want to know Jesus. I don't want to minister before Him. Or know the facts about Him. Or go through the motions for Him. I don't just want to proclaim Him as my Lord and Savior. No. I want to live for him. I want every action to be a perfect reflection of Him. I want to be so in tune with Jesus that I can feel his breathing. That my heart beat becomes one with His. I want to be filled with His infectious love. I want to know my Savior. I want to know his likes and dislikes. I want Him to be the best friend I tell everything. I want Him to be my primary focus. I want Jesus to be my everything. He is more than enough. I want to know him that way. I want to know Him wholly. I want to know Him inside and out. I want to know Him the same way He knows me. I want to be crucified with Christ. I want Jesus. Period.

But the fact of the matter is this: I'll never wholly know Him. I can't. I will spend the rest of eternity getting to know Him. And to me, this is a beautiful thing. This is a lifetime of everyday understanding a little more of my Savior. This is a lifetime of everyday feeling his touch a little stronger, it becoming a little more familiar. This is a lifetime of everyday taking one more breathe in sync with Him. This is a lifetime of everyday having one more thought in tune with my Maker. This is a lifetime of dying a little more to myself and taking up a little more of His life.

I just want Jesus. Period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hecks yeah...amen

-pm